Thursday, June 12, 2008

I should be moving closer to the City.

Oklahoma's Painful Car Culture

CNNMONEY.COM

Another article passed along to me. I was up most of last night on my soap box writing about streams. I could be up for another two nights writing about the woes of our spread out living.

However, I'll keep it simple. I'm part of the problem. I drive 45 miles north to work, and my kids go 5 miles south to school. While living in Washington, I commuted 60 miles one way to college. I didn't want to move to the city, to go to college, so I commuted from home. I hope to get closer to work, but I'm not sure I am ready to give up the quiet country environment I've grown accustom too. I want everyone else to move to the city, so I can more of the country to my self. It doesn't get any more American than that. I do deal with this subconscious twinge of green guilt, but it hasn't pricked me enough to get up and move closer to the city.